Bride's Name: Nickeisha
Groom's Name: Toronto
Venue: The Lesner Inn
Photographer: Kneesh Latif
Videographer: Dave at Wedding Bug
Hair and Makeup: Alea Scissor Hands of Hair Beauty N Beyond
Dress: Essense of Australia from Serendipity
Bridesmaids: Bridal Babes
Tuxedos: Jim's Formal Wear from Serendipity
Flowers: East Beach Flowers
1. Special/favorite moment of your day? The special moment of the day was when I gifted my groom with a personalized watch the morning of our wedding. The significance was the fact our wedding date was 4/3/21 and our hashing was #countdowntobrown4321 so I felt a personalized watch would be the perfect wedding day gift. The look on his face after opening was priceless and he received many compliments while wearing it at the wedding. This a special moment we will both remember, forever.
2. Favorite Moment of Day? The most favorite moment of the day was when my 19 months old grandson/ring bearer walked down the aisle without crying. This may not seem like a big deal however, my grandson is not a people person and will cry or freeze whenever someone is around that he's not used to so this was huge! It made me so emotional before going down the aisle.
3. Best memory of the day? The best memory of the day was when my best friend caught the bouquet! We have always talked about her catching it and she did. We were both ecstatic and it made the night, perfect!!!
4. Wedding Theme - Color: Classic/Romantic - Navy, Blush, Cream, and Gold
5. Why did you choose the dress you picked? I chose the dress I picked because as a plus sized bride with psoriasis, I was looking for something with great coverage and something that would not point out what I consider as being my troubled areas. I picked the third dress I tried on and knew it was the dress when I saw myself in it! The dress had everything I was looking for except sleeves however, Serendipity eased my concerns with that. The seamstress at Serendipity custom-made my sleeves and that made for an AMAZING dress! My wedding dress was more than I could ever imagine and my husband fell in love with me all over again, as I walked down the aisle in it.
6. A few sentences about your wedding? The wedding was on 4/3/21 and we selected that date because it seemed like a countdown to us and a day we could never forget. We chose the location of Virginia Beach because my husband loves the water and that was close enough for our guests to travel during COVID. Our Venue was amazing and overlooked the water. Our ceremony was outside and our reception was indoors. The weather was perfect! My husband and I shared personalized vows in front of our 60 guests and assembled a unity cross along with our children. We gave stemless wine glasses as favors and used fibre optic wands for our send-off. The evening was magical and is still the topic of conversations!
7. How did you and your groom meet? We met online on a dating site.
8. How did your groom propose? He proposed in the living room of my home on my birthday, and in front of my children, after having purchased my ring 7 months earlier.
9. Advice to bride planning her wedding. My advice to any bride planning her wedding is to enjoy the experience and be sure the day is a reflection of you and the groom. Don't stress over small stuff because everything somehow seems to work itself out. The day goes by really fast so be sure to be present and enjoy the pampering of simply being a bride!
10. What favorite part/thing/experience about shopping with Serendipity? The favorite part about shopping with Serendipity was the one-stop-shop experience! They have EVERYTHING you need and they truly care about their brides. I knew they were busy with tons of other brides however, I always felt like I was the only one they were taking care of. They are truly what made this a memorable experience for me. It was very emotional picking my dress up from them because I knew the interaction would for the most part, end.